Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Khemri Temple

For some reason I have always been facinated with Ancient Egypt. Yet the Tomb King miniatures have never really caughty my attention. But that doesn't mean I don't find this 'gaming table' amazing. Below are the original commentary from the What's New Today posts with my own thoughts in purple itallics...

Ray and the Warhammer World Scenery Team have been busy making all sorts of Warhammer scenery of late. This morning I heard tale of a top-secret Warhammer board they've been working on, and popped over to see if my cheeky smile and winning charm could convince them to let me show you some pictures.


Once finished, the board will represent a sprawling Khemri temple. Although it looks like there's a lot of work to do (and there is), Ray told me it'll be ready in time for the Warhammer launch. 'Most of our time went into casting up the individual pillars and steps. Now that's all done we just need to put the whole thing together and paint it.


The statue that you can just about see in the alcove is just one of many that will stand at the top of each set of steps. The team have also made some massive statues, including a Sphinx, though they're keeping them under wraps for now (seems charm will only get you so far). But don't worry; I'll post plenty of pictures of the board once it's completed.

Time Travel to this What's New Today post... here's a look at the fantastic Tomb Kings gaming table that Ray and the Warhammer World Scenery Team have made. Towards the bottom right of the picture you'll notice a set of steps, eventually these will be submerged under water - just as soon as Ray works out how to do it.


Disclaimer - Images taken from the Games Workshop website without permision and will be removed if requested.

2 comments:

  1. Snap! I <3 ancient Egypt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day I will visit Egypt again. And next time I will be old enough to remember. Possibly even re-learn arabic...

    Messanger

    ReplyDelete