Monday, July 26, 2010

'Ard Boyz 2010 Results

Below is Danny Internets thoughts on this years 'Ard Boyz...
The 2010 Warhammer 40,000  ‘Ard Boyz Finals were held this past Saturday, July 17th, at three locations distributed throughout the US to accomodate players from around the country. The West coast saw players duke it out in the LA Bunker. In the Midwest, qualifying finalists did battle at the Chicago Battle Bunker, as in previous years. And in the East, asses were kicked and names were taken at Showcase Comics in Media, PA. The top three players from 362 different stores hosting the Preliminaries qualified to compete for huge prizes at the 42 Semi-Finals tournament locations. These 1086 players were pared down to a mere 126 invited to attend the above mentioned Finals. Of these 126, 3 were crowned champion this past weekend.
Turnout nation-wide looks better than the last couple of years thanks to the decision to host the event at multiple locations, however, individually, two of the events struggled to bring in players. I chose not to attend for a variety of personal reasons, not the least of which was pressure from my wife regarding planning our upcoming (belated) wedding reception. Being burnt out on not just 2500 points but 40k in general, I didn’t even fight it. However, I imagine that the decision not to award prizes at the Finals (especially odd considering the unbelievably awesome prizes given at the Semi-Finals) turned away many, even those who could have made a day trip out of the event. All in all there was a 66% turnout rate with 83 of 126 finalists attending one of the three events.
I’ve scoured the various 40k communities online to gather up this information, but many gaps remain. I will be updating this information as it comes to my attention. Please feel free to email me or comment if you’ve got something to add.
On to the results: click here
- Danny Internets from Bald & Screaming
On other news I got special mention by Brent over on Strictly Average...
Messanger of Death (he means to spell it that way) showed up with proof of Dethtron's crime.  If it isn't a felony, it should be!  Of course, MoD was extorting me for the information, but given I wanted proof of a crime I was willing to overlook it. False!!! Not Brent made him think I did. There's a lesson there, by the by.
- Brent 

3 comments:

  1. Not Brent hurts Brent's feelings... and evidently works on stuff when my back is turned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Chumbalaya - look around and you may find some boner

    ReplyDelete