Friday, December 17, 2010

Weekly Finds #7

Another quiet week on the blog. Although, once again I have managed to collect some articles for today. Not as many as there usually is, but I've saved the best for last...

Belial Redux - Deathwing Project Update by John from Santa Cruz Warhammer - The final product looks awesome, and was featured over on From The Warp. However, I particularly like the WiP pictures and how John went about adding the detail on the shins.


Recipe: Black by b.smoove from A Gentleman's One - The tutorial shows a different way of painting black... more of a blue actually. But with some washes it could be turned into a true black...


Painting Question: Line Highlighting by Sandwyrm from the back 40k - I like Sandwyrm's painting style. Especially the way he uses contrast. It makes his models pop, even in photos from a few feet away. This is just one of many painting articles by him that I have enjoyed reading... I'm stealing the way he painted his Sanguinary Guard wings, although I will make the blood more prominent.


Applying Waterslide Decals Step-by-Step by Winterdyne from Winterdyne Commission Modelling - Been some time since Winterdyne's work has appeared on the blog. But he has returned with another tutorial, this time on applying waterslide decals.


Improving my basing by Ron from FTW - The best has been saved for last this week. A tutorial by Ron on making those crucial next steps in basing. I will have some pictures after Christmas showing what sort of difference those extra steps can make. Yes you read that correctly, there will be pictures.

1 comment: