Friday, December 10, 2010

Weekly Finds #6

The blog has been quiet the past week... no real reason, other than me wanting to spend time away from the computer. I have still managed to amass a collection of content that interests me.

Long Barrelled Heavy Bolter by Spyrle from The Medusan Triple Nickel - I can't imagine this tutorial being much help to my Black Templars. But, it may be useful for others. And the construction of the barrel could be useful in future projects...


Magnetising a Rhino/Predator by The Other Kevin from Paint Pot Procrastinator - I like this tutorial, especially the bit on converting the side doors and sponsons. It is the first time I have seen someone suggest magnets being placed like that... this conversion for the AoBR Dreadnought arms may interest someone as well.


Imperial Fist Fellblade by Tom McBride from Bell of Lost Souls - I like it, simply because it doesn't look like a Baneblade painted in Space Marine heraldry. The effort to make it look distinctly different, yet similar, is noticeable. 


TKE's GoT - "Wound Allocation" by TKE from Mind War, ftw! - This is a long, in depth read. However, it slaps iamaddji in the face, and hopefully educates the unwashed masses. And, don't forget we were vindicated in the latest FAQ, which proved what GW intended with wound allocation... also, click the picture.


Spacecurves' Tactics Class: The Art of Disembarking by Spacecurves from BoLS - I respect Spacecurves for what he is doing. He isn't the first to write useful tactic articles, but he is doing it on a blog renown for being so illogical that it has resulted in mass suicides of entire alien races. And while your off reading about disembarking, go take a look at this article by TKE...


Basics: Science Fiction models by Ron from FTW - If you haven't been following this series, then now is as good a time as any. This one is great, because it breaks down each step to show Ron's Target Priority.


Painting Dark Eldar and doing it well by Dave Taylor from FTW - This tutorial is similar to the above, as it shows how to achieve a simple table top standard miniature with minimal effort. It won't be winning any awards, but will mean your fielding a fully painted army. The below picture is Ron's attempt at the tutorial. I much prefer his finished model, most likely a result of multiple washes over the armour.


I got my two orders from Wayland Games this week. Means that I only need a few more things before I have everything needed. Should have my articles for Kirby finished soon. Probably start taking photos as well... but no promises.

1 comment: