Thursday, September 09, 2010

Admirable Humility

After showing the converted bastions from the Games Workshop website I thought I'd show off something that just blows them out of the water... a multi-kit conversion by Dave Taylor. Below are pictures and commentary for one of the coolest bastion conversions I've seen...


... I built [Admirable Humility] for a friend of mine for a big Apocalypse game he ran on his birthday recently. Built from 3 Bastions, 1 Shrine of the Aquila, 1 Citadel Hill, 3 cool weapons from Quantum Gothic in the UK, and a bunch of plasticard and some bitz from Cities of Death buildings.

Named "Admirable Humility", the structure really is anything but, standing two stories tall, with a dozen heavy bolter emplacements, three massive weapons of destruction, parapets to shield other defenders, and the blessing of both the Emperor and the Omnissiah.
The striking paint job was aided immeasurably by John Shaffer, who helped me out by laying down the fade from black to red, building up airbrushed layers from Scab Red through to Blood Red. A beautiful effect.



I know my friend really liked the piece (using it to claim victory in his birthday bash), and I hope you do too.
Disclaimer - Images taken from Dave Taylor's website without permission and will be removed if requested.

No comments:

Post a Comment