Friday, April 15, 2011

Weekly Finds #24

Another week has flown by quickly. Scary how we are already a quarter of the way through 2011, especially since I've only managed to get two games in so far this year and one of those is happening now. However, all is not gloom and doom because From the Warp has returned!

Purifier Flame Conversions by Kirby from The Pinktastic Blog - I absolutely hate green stuff with a passion... but seeing this effect by Kirby is going to force me to get more comfortable with it. The flames look great, and with a little smoothing of the green stuff will look even better. May have to watch him do this some time to get a better idea of how he went about it.


A Few Random Tips by Strangleweb from Bell of Lost Souls - He referenced Brent who we all love and adore so this collection of tips has been included. I will point out that although alot of these tips will speed up the process they create the risk of having horrible looking miniatures that only makes 3 base colours and basing. However, I am considering giving Woodland Scenics Medium 'Gray Blend' pictured below a try, although they would be painted to match the rest of my bases.


Inquisitor Karazamov (Karadread) by Kirby from The Pinktastic Blog - I'm not particuarly interested in the article by Kirby, as these army lists by Mike has sold me on Inquisitor Karazamov. What I'm interested is this awesome diorama, which Kirby hasn't linked to or attributed.


Cloak and Dagger by Mat Ward from What's New Today - Assassins have a place in my heart... but I suspect that is the case for the vast majority of 40K players. Especially those who have read Ian Watson's The Inquisition War, James Swallow's Nemesis or read the short story of the Vindicare taking out a Stompa. Also, the Eversor below looks great with the black and red scheme and oozes with character.


Power Armour Heavy Flamer by WingsOfTheFalcon from The BnC - After seeing WingsOfTheFalcon's Corteaz conversion, I decided to see what else he has posted. I was pleasantly surprised to find this tutorial as it seems simple enough. So for anyone planning on doing a Sternguard squad armed with heavy flamers this may be the easiest, and cheapest approach.


Airbrushing for Figurine by Mathieu Fontaine from Studio Akaranseth - This guide was brought to my attention thanks to Grey Death over on The Painting Corps. Although there is no visual demonstrations on what to do, it gives a run down of everything you need to consider when purchasing an airbrush and then some of the important things once you have it.


Astorath conversion painted Librarian blue by Ron from FTW - The blue on this Librarian looks great and fits my idea of what they should look like. The pose is also great and for those curious here is the post with all the parts used... did I mention that I hate green stuff. But this is the sort of recipe that would benefit from having a wet palette as it would give the painter time to fix mistakes and push things with small investment of extra time.


No comments:

Post a Comment