Friday, April 08, 2011

Weekly Finds #23

I've had a busy week, with studying for an exam as well as having the missus over for some much need rest and respite. But I've managed to find some three of the articles that I liked from the week and compile them for future reference...

GW Paint Charts by MWC from Miniature Wargame Conversions - This is a rather useful guide for those who don't have a carry case full of Games Workshop paints. Tip - get your hands on the vallejo paints with the fancy droppers. It shows how to use five Games Workshop paints to create a variety of others, including discontinued paints. So next time you find yourself missing that crucial next colour for a recipe why not have a go at mixing it up?


How To: Tervigon Spawning by Kirby from The Pinktastic Blog - Firstly, since it took Kirby so long to offer up something, I feel justified in making him wait for the article I promised him. Besides, he isn't the boss of me.  Although, I did the rather extensive collection of 'Nid articles, something that wasn't looked at in detail was Tervigon Spawning. Fortunately Kirby has come to the rescue and given his thoughts on the issue... which has then been ripped apart by the pink army.


Tutorial - How to prepare a Resin Miniature by Roman from Massive Voodoo - This tutorial, on working with resin, reminded me of one done by Mr Dandy same guy that made these and these. Of course the thing that jumped out at me the most was that Roman has TWO pin vices... completely skipping the need to switch between drill bits. It is brilliant and something I must steal....

No comments:

Post a Comment