Friday, November 18, 2011

Weekly Finds #55

Knight Baron by Adeptus Custodus from The Bolter & Chainsword - While looking for details in Knight Titans came across this post on the B&C. Was a very nice surprise. This is possibly the best quality Knight Titan I've come across to date. It looks like the right height, as it dwarfs a Dreadnought. The limbs are bulked out. My only issue is the feet. However, using Dreadknight feet would solve that problem as seen here.


The effects of varnish on weathering powders by Ron from FTW - An interesting insight into Ron's thoughts on using varnish. I've never used varnish myself, as none of my metal miniatures have paint on them anymore. However, bloggers such as Grey Death and Mister Justin seem to believe in the use of them. And reading some of the comments in Ron's post has added another reason to get an airbrush for Christmas.


Did You Know by For The Lion from 122nd Cadian - This is a cool little fact to know... I wonder what happens with the names from those that have fallen. Do they get wiped from the records and never used again? I imagine so. Do other First Founding Legions have similar approach to naming new battle brothers? I doubt it... but be cool if it was common practice to reuse names like they reuse numbers in sports teams... only retiring the number for certain reasons. 


How to paint a Hawk Lord Space Marine by Ron from FTW - This post is one of the reasons I keep going back to From the Warp. I may not be painting purple marines... but the tips and advice are useful. Can find two similar posts here and here. The first is a link on how to paint boltgun Necrons with some green object source lighting. The second link is on how to paint a Black Dragon... one of the cursed founding chapters and the inspiration of this post by Ron.


No comments:

Post a Comment