Friday, November 04, 2011

Weekly Finds #53

Today was my last day of clinical placement. Started off slow and picked up within a few hours. Too tired to head out to Tin Soldier for some games. Instead relaxing at home and trying to ignore the nagging at the back of my mind to finish/start my assignments. Despite being too tired to game still managed to amass a collection of articles...

Blanchitsu Pays A Visit In The Rat Hatch by izeColt from Spiky Rat Pack - I'm a huge fan of Blanche's work. I doubt there are many GW hobbyists who aren't. This Inquisitor Warband has his magic touch... and best of all he has given me ideas on how to take the Cairn Wraith and give it a 40K feel.


AK Interactive Streaking Grime and Filters by Dante from Dante's Inferno - This looks interesting. I've seen Real Genius use Gouache for weathering and Grey Death use washes to produce streaks of grime. But this looks like an interesting product. Be useful if wanted to knock off some quick terrain that has suffered at the hands of the grim dark future of the 41st millennium.


Grey Knights and their banners by Ron from FTW - It is interesting to look at these banners and get a glimpse into the process of creating them. Ron has a collection of articles on making banners, which can be found here.


Deathwing by Morback and Urlock from Kouzes Blog - This conversion just looks awesome. The use of soft metal to make the cloth like the banner and tabard is something I've seen done before on the BnC.


Using a standard pencil for weathering by Ron from FTW - This isn't the first time I've seen someone use pencils for weathering. Grey Death, from The Painting Corps, did a Friday Quick Tip on using pencils for weathering some time ago. Ron has added to this with suggestions on how to use the graphite on dark and light coloured armour.


Tutorial - Tabletop use of the airbrush by Roman from Massive Voodoo - I'm still hopeful of getting an airbrush for myself around Christmas time. And if I do these sorts of tutorials will be great. It is interesting to note that Roman actually mixed the paints in the airbrush cup... something so simple, but being me I wouldn't have considered it.


My attempt at molding and casting shoulderpads by Ron from FTW - I've been seeing a fair few tutorials over the past few months. This is the second time I've seen someone use blu-stuff. Comparing Ron's mold to the one used by Lamenter makes me think that the thinner the original piece the better if your trying to make shoulder pad icons.


Do Not Miss: October 2011 by Volomir from Volomir's Blog - Volomir has collected some great pieces of work this month. The tutorial on the Tomb King standard is particularly awesome. Volomir has also reminded me of an old tutorial that featured some time ago on Imaginary Life. It is the one by  Emmanuel Nouaillier on building realistic terrain using foam. Can see a picture of it below... yes that is a hand made 28mm scale piece of terrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment