Friday, November 11, 2011

Weekly Finds #54

When this post goes up I'll either be off celebrating with friends for the end of university semester or I'll be at Tin Soldier throwing dice. Either way will be a great way to end the week. Below are the things on the interwebz that captured my attention for the week...

Lamenter's Actual Scale Space Marines by Lamenter from The Bolter & Chainsword - Sculpting work by Lamenter is always stunning. But it is the little symbol on the left shoulder pad that has interested me. Going to have to give that a try some time in the future. Also got the mechanical talons in the mail this week... quality is stunning and look forward to putting them to use.


Life Size Inferno Pistol by Inquisitor Hexx from The Bolter & Chainsword - This is just awesome. I've seen other life sized weapons inspired by the background but the Inferno Pistol is just awesome. Can also have a look at Inquisitor Hexx's life size Bolt Pistol.


Trulls Fantastische Welten - It truly is a fantastic world of terrain projects. Just looking at the different things used to make one display piece gets my mind working. Which isn't a good thing when I should be focusing on finishing off two assignments due in less than four days. Note assignments were due on Wednesday and I stumbled across this blog on Monday. Can see a collection of Trull's finished projects on Cool Mini or Not.


Building up a graveyard display base by Roman from Massive Voodoo - I have an obsession. It is with building bases that help tell a story. It is worse than my obsession with terrain. I'm going to have to give using dry earth dirt a try at some point.


Quick Tip: Paint & Detail Order by Mister Justin from misterjustin.com Archive - This is an interesting post by Mister Justin. I've heard of painters stressing the point of applying a sealer before using alcohol based solutions when applying weathering powders. But I didn't realised how many times Mister Justin and others I assume actually go about doing it. The below picture is probably one of the first times I saw weathering on a vehicle and actually liked it... was some time ago now


No comments:

Post a Comment