Friday, January 28, 2011

Weekly Finds #13

This weekly digest is only a week behind better then last Fridays which was put up 4 days ago. And unlike last Friday and most weeks this one has some gaming content...

Painting fur... the hard way by Ron from FTW - Not sure I would call this the hard way... rather it is the long way to go about it. However, the extra time is worth it as there is more control over where the paint goes. I've found in my few goes at painting fur that is it easier to create contrast with this approach. And contrast is something that you really need for table top miniatures that are viewed 2 feet away some great examples can be seen here as well as more here.


How to Run a Platoon by Sir Biscuit from 3++ is the New Black - I don't play Imperial Guard, so I'm not going to pretend I know what I'm talking about. But it seems like his thoughts are accepted by the experienced Guard players in the comments. Plus the guy has written stuff for Danny Internet over on Bald & Screaming.


Painting Dark Eldar skin tones by Ron from FTW - My favourite tutorial out of those from this week. Now I've always liked the way Ron painted the faces of the Raven Guard scouts can see picture of them in the link but the purplish Dark Eldar skin looks killer. I'm going to give it a go when it comes to collecting/painting the missus' Dark Eldar/Slaanesh army.


Raven Guard icon freehand by Ron from FTW - This is the third and final tutorial by Ron for this week. And although it will have no use for me, it may come in handy for someone else. If you click the link it is possible to enlarge the picture. And if your after inspiration for a Raven Guard army then you can't skip SCC's thread over on the Bolter and Chainsword.


Friday Quick Tip: Space Wolves Armour by Grey Death from The Painting Corps - I'm more a fan of DV8's Space Wolves as their grey looks more like the 13th Company who are totally awesome. Can see the completed miniature here as well as a description here of how Grey Death went about painting the fatigues of his Wolf Scouts.


User Content Friday - The 4 Things Every 40K Army Needs to Have by Sandwyrm from House of Paincakes the back 40k - This should be read by every new player that wants to play at a competitive level. I've linked to this article multiple of times on the Bolter and Chainsword when new and old players are looking for advice in building a list.

No comments:

Post a Comment