Friday, January 14, 2011

Weekly Finds #11

So this is going to never be seen as it didn't go up on Friday and now everybody is posting like mad men about the new FAQs. My excuse, and it is a good excuse, is that I had a lunch date and then an engagement party following it... didn't get home till 2:30 in the morning. Unlike last week which had lots of interesting articles this week only has three actual articles and the rest are stuff on the new FAQs.

Creating custom sized bases by Ron from FTW - Really glad that Ron posted this. Future project is to do a 2500 point Daemons army for the missus. She likes the Daemonette and some Dark Eldar models. So this tutorial is great for building bases for chariots. My only thoughts is rather than using two square bases could use a rectangular bases and then cut it in half to remove the excess.


High Elves Sea Guard Pt 4 by Volomir from Volomir's Blog - This is the fourth part in the continuing series that is giving a step by step look at painting the Sea Guard from the Island of Blood set. Although it is leagues above my skill level, it is still worth a look. Especially if you use an air brush and want to see what others achieve.


User Content Friday - Interchangeable Rhino to Razorback including Las/Plas! by Lauby Nick from HoP IDICBeer - For Space Marine players with the option to use Las-Plasma Razorbacks so not Black Templars this is a great tutorial that is well worth a look. For those of us that dare live in Ozlandus, The Combat Company is a great source for magnets.


BLACK TEMPLARS 5TH EDITION FAQ: THE DAY HAS FINALLY COME! by Nikephoros from Bringer of Victory - So someone was so happy with the release of the new BT FAQ that they didn't notice they hit the Caps Lock... but we forgive him because he summarised everything into nine easy to read points.


Instead of listing all of the different bloggers who are trying to suck up as much viewers as possible with the FAQ release. I am going to instead link to just a few. Click me, and me, me too, me three, your not the third link, shut up, just click me, ignore them, MoD has lost it....

3 comments:

  1. "So someone was so happy with the release of the new BT FAQ that they didn't notice they hit the Caps Lock"

    Lol! I did talk too about the new FAQs though :( And don't forget I prophesized about them a few months ago. It was a vision from the anti-God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, mine link wasw "shut up".

    Bad MoD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ The Antipope - No, it was from the Emperor. You are destined to become one of his Champions. Go forth and wipe out all those who oppose him. :)

    @ fester - I swear I didn't do it on purpose :P

    ReplyDelete