Friday, March 23, 2012

Weekly Finds #73

This week has a focus on some amazing conversions and works in progress...

Mariners Blight Sorcerer by LuckyNo.5 from Eye of Error - To start off this weeks gallery of Work in Progresses is this amazing collection of bits. I love everything about this miniature and his Terminator brethren. This is going to be one amazing warband when completed... especially when you consider LuckNo.5's talents with a brush.


Scrouge Witch by David Soper from Sproket's Small World - This is one of my al ltime favourite miniatures. The conversion looks flawless... like the miniature actually came like that. What has been painted looks stunning. I particularly like the red hair as it reminds me of a look SWMBO had last year. Can't wait too see this project come to complete. Can expect it to walk away with an award in the Golden Daemons.


Bad Things Happening by Baphomet from Massive Voodoo - I almost made the same mistake that caused this near fatal accident when I assembled my own Detolf display case on the weekend. Fortunately for Baphomet the damage wasn't serious and he has looked at it from a positive perspective as it gives him the opportunity to make changes to completed miniatures. Hopefully others with the same cabinet will learn from this mistake and make sure the bars are on the inside...


Desktop Update with Caer Maed War Staff by Corvus from Corvus' Miniatures - I like the look of the grey... may not look like skin... but it is a nice grey. Wait and see how the miniatures progress as Corus shows off WiP pictures. Also like it when painters give the rest of the world a glimpse into their paint desk. This is one of the reasons I am a huge fan of Massive Voodoo... they very rarely crop their pictures.


Spartan Equipment Kit by Maz from Winterdyne Commission Modelling - I really liked the look of the Spartan Marines that Maz was working on half way through last year. I even considered commissioning him to make me some of the spears. But it looks like there will be no need for that. Can pick them up by getting in contact through their email or via ebay.


Servo Skull Collector Painting Phase by Jakob from miniaTEXTures - I am curious to see how the painting of this amazing miniature goes. The foundation being established has me interested. Once the miniature is completed will give me an idea of what sort of things can be achieved using an airbrush aside from the quick and easy base coating and zenith highlighting.


Rifleman WIP II by izeColt from Spiky Rat Pack - Another addition to izeColt's growing Inquisitor Warband. The weird hair style he has been going for is starting to grow on me. I also like the way he is able to pull together bitz from a vast range of kits to build a single miniature... the fact that things are unproportional such as the hands just adds to the character.

No comments:

Post a Comment