Friday, March 16, 2012

Weekly Finds #72

Sculpting Mustaches, Mohawks and Beards by Ron from FTW - I was wondering how hobbyists such as Ron go about adding hair to their miniatures... now I know. I am a fan of Marines with mohawks. However, it looks like getting it in the right place is just as important as getting the detail on it. The guide on creating mustaches is great for Black Templars.


Skull Hopperre by izeColt from Spiky Rat Pack - This cute little guy is full of character... like everything else that flows from the minds of the Spiky Rat Pack. I can actually imagine a group of Imperial Nobles going on a hunting trip and using the Skull Hopperre as a substitute for our modern day rabbit and fox.


Iwata Revolution HP-CR airbrush by exstudio from Youtube - My airbrush arrived in the mail this week. And of course the assembly instructions were useless. So I went to the interwebz and found this. The comments may not be in English but can still follow along as he dissembles and then puts it all back together again. Hopefully over the next few weeks I get the confidence to paint some of my gaming miniatures...


Sculpting Death Guard Armour Belly by Cameron from Rust and the City - I'm glad that Cameron put up this tutorial as I love the look of his Nurgle army. I've got plans to build some Death Guard for a friend of mine and was working out viable ways to replicate the belly armour. Other great looking Death Guard include Animerk's stunningly converted and painted army, Gunzhard's old skool miniatures, and Chard's drool-inducing nurgle banner bearer.


List of Citadels New Paint Range by Stakly from Tale of Painters - Will be different with the old range being replaced by all these new names... bye bye Skull White and Blood Red. As Volomir put it a whole piece of our childhood swiped away in an instant. I do love that it has taken Bell of Lost Souls their sweet time to pick up this rumour despite it circulating on the interwebz for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment