Friday, January 13, 2012

Weekly Finds #63

It has been a busy crazy week for me. I've gone to Sydney Aquarium, Australian Museum, Taronga Zoo and today was the Power House Museum to see the Harry Potter Exhibition. Also found out where I'll be working next month which has gotten me excited. Fortunately next week will be more relaxed with my partner starting full time work after 3 years at University. Helps explain why we crammed in so many places to see in one week. Unfortunately, due to the busy schedule today, wasn't able to head down to the Tin Soldier to throw some dice. However, all of my finds this week were more than enough to give me my hobby fix...

How to Paint Space Wolves by Ron from FTW - This follows on well from last weeks tutorial on painting white. The method used to paint the black works well with the grey off white. It may only be table top standard but it pushes the quality of the miniature up a notch or two.


INQ28 Models by Molotov from ING28 - Over the past few months I've become more and more interested in the models from INQ28 warbands. There are a huge host of great hobbyists that have Inquisition warbands. Some of them have featured in my weekly finds such as Doghouse and John Blanche. Others include Migsula's warband that is still growing as this picture shows, Jakob Rune Nielsen's Inquisition models such as his Servo Skull Collector, and izeColt's sketches of his future warband. This interest hit a high point this week while looking around Molotov's blog. I've wanted to somehow make the Warhammer Nurgle Chaos Lord fit into the Victorian Crusade. I've seen some uses of the miniature such as Jakob's Daemonhost as well as Migsula's WiP. However, while exploring the blog I came across PDH's Deathmasked Henchman... it is perfect.


A Look at Liquid Green Stuff by Ron from FTW - I've had my pot of Liquid Green Stuff sitting in my paint case for well over two possibly three months. I picked it up after reading Sandwyrm's review over on The Back 40K. It seemed suitable to fill in the small cracks that appear on Games Workshop vehicle kits as well as the random gap on my Space Marines. I was underwhelmed when I used it. However, a link in Ron's review has given me a different perspective. For a rather inexperienced hobbyists like myself Liquid Green Stuff is probably more suitable for filling in the gaps on organic miniatures. Can see how effective it was at completely hiding the gap in the giants neck by using two thin coats.


Airbrush Rant by Les Bursley from Awesome Paint Jobs - Do not confuse this for a tutorial. It may not be an Andrew Sutton rant, but it is still a rant. However, it is worth the watch if you plan on getting your hands on an airbrush any time soon. My thoughts are that its better to start off with something cheap so that when you do something stupid with it you won't feel like a complete idiot... better to damage the needle on a cheap Iwata or Badger compared to the expensive Harder and Steenbeck.


Airbrushing Chipped Metal by Lil'waagh from Waagh Games - This is a new blog that Man Boy Genius from Spikey Bits was pimping. The tutorial may only be basic but it the end result looks fantastic. Curious how it would look with chipping from a sponge as the weathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment