Friday, April 13, 2012

Weekly Finds #76

Review: Citadel Paint Range by Stahly from Tale of Painters - With the release of the new Citadel Pain Range the interwebz have been flooded with the opinions of many. This is one of the best I've found. What jumps out at me the most about this review is that Stahly has looked at the history of Citadel Paints and how this has impacted on the new paints. Something that nobody else has looked at...


Triage Documents by Headologist from The Bolter & Chainsword - I'm two months into working in an Emergency Department and this was amusing when I saw it. Just as amusing as the doctor that goes around with Umbrella Corporation logos on all his equipment...


Apocalypse Primer: Hosting a Game by Chris Donohue from Apocalypse 40K - With the addition of the Land Raider Achilles to my collection I've turned my attention to Apocalypse. Without any Titans or Super Heavies in my collection these rules don't directly apply to me... but they may be something to bring up next time I partake in my FLGS Apoc Games.


Whose Voice Drowns Out All Others by Tyler M. from Mengel Miniatures - An awesome tutorial on painting yellow with the new Citadel Paints... it has turned yellow into one of the quickest and easiest colours to paint. It doesn't look as good as DV8's Lamenters. However, considering that yellow was a colour left for the professionals this will change things up dramatically.


Vostroyan Pained with New Citadel Paints by Drathmere from 40k Hobby Blog - Another miniature painted using the new Citadel Paints. This time the entire miniature was painted with the new paints. Nothing jumps out except for the vibrant red... with just a single glaze the red has become amazing.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out :) Sorry for the belated thanks... Glad you liked my triage stuff, working on improving those and doing some new stuff. How's life in the Emergency Department? If it's anything like our A&E I think I know the answer lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to apologise for saying thanks. My pleasure to shout out something unique and awesome. Especially when it relates to my field of work. Our ED is full of stupidity most of the time... but it is never dull and nothing is ever the same. Which I'm glad of, as I'd hate to do ward nursing.

    ReplyDelete