Friday, April 06, 2012

Weekly Finds #75

Knights Who Say Morr by Dave Taylor from Dave Taylor Miniatures - I am a huge fan of Dave Taylor's projects. They each have their own unique character. And this Procession of Morr looks like it will be no different. He has avoided the horrible looking Empire Knight mounts by using the more dynamically posed Chaos Mounts. Can't wait to see what else he will come up with. Hard not to imagine that this will knock his Artillery Train of Nuln dead... especially, with the new release of Empire miniatures.


Imperial Cruisers by James Wappel from James Wappel Miniature Painting - I may not play or own any Battlefleet Gothic but I love the idea behind it and many of the miniatures from the range. James Wappel's own miniatures highlight why I love this range. They are just awesome and despite their small size they are still open to conversions and full of detail. Despite what the poorly painted Games Workshop miniatures suggest. I also love the look of the bases...


Forge World Open Day II by Loken from Apocalypse 40K - These Apothocaries are awesome and will find their way into my collection. Along with the new Assault Marines and the Storm Eagle. I'm not sure how I feel about the new Terminator Mk. It is both cool and too different at the same time... it may grow on me over time. I guess it also depends if the helmets are interchangeable with the current Mk.


Brush Care and Cleaning by Winsor and Newton - One of the guys at my FLGS was asking on Facebook how to go about cleaning his brushes. I've used this article in the past so linked it for him. Also, if you don't want to buy hobby specific products such as this can always use your hair shampoo and conditioner. It is something my partner uses to clean her professional make up brushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment