Friday, November 15, 2013

Weekly Finds

Imperial Fists Dreadnoughts by gnoks from Reaktor.Miniatures - I normally find inspiration for my Imperial Fists on the Bolter & Chainsword as they have some amazing painters with some beautifully weathered 1st, 3rd and 5th Company Imperial Fists. Plus there is the growing 30K Era collectors. But I saw this Dreadnought in a news feed on House of Paincakes... I'm glad I did because these guys look great. The yellow isn't exactly too my liking. But the weather is just right and a great source of reference. It also inspired this weeks focus on weathering.


Weathering Overview by Roman from Massive Voodoo - A collection of some different approach to weathering including my favourite chipping.


Sponge Weathering Video by Grey Death from The Painting Corps - An old tutorial that I feared was lost to the Warp. However, a quick Google search revealed that TPC was still active... but far from alive like it was in it's golden days. Grey Death's Sons of Medusa are some of my all time favourite due to the vibrant green he has created along with the use of weathering. Definitely worth a look if you've never seen the collection.


Demetrius Katafalque's Company by Apologist from the Bolter & Chainsword - I've shown Apologist's True Scale Imperial Fist in the past. But you can't show off weathering without including this beautiful miniature.


Forge World Space Marine by Meph from Cool Mini or Not - I came across this while searching Google Images. An amazing find that isn't limited to just the Forge World Space Marine. There is also a Blood Angel Terminator built to the non-table top large HUGE scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment