Friday, December 07, 2012

Weekly Finds #110

Two tutorials this week...

Escher Paint Recipes by Stahlys from Tale of Painters - I have little need for painting bright pink hair... although it would work great on Daemonettes or even Noise Marines. However, it is the dark and warm grey clothes that interest me. Power Armour is rather straight forward to approach... there is an established colour scheme. Neophytes don't have that same established scheme. So I've been stuck on how I'll approach their pants and sleeves. Those two recipes are both attractive for Imperial Fists and Black Templars...


How to Paint Dark Vengeance Chaos Chosen by Garfy from Tale of Painters - Another tutorial from the guys over at Tale of Painters. I'm a huge fan of how each of them approach their tutorials. They are easy to follow along. Something that other bloggers should take notice of. My imaginary friends should take notice to how Garfy painted his black. The use of edge highlighting is probably the easier way to paint Space Marines without resorting to the almost always ugly dry brushing.


No comments:

Post a Comment