Saturday, August 13, 2011

Spotlight: GMM Studios

First saw this army over on the Pinktastic blog. Remember there was some negative comments at the time. I can appreciate why this army produces the comments it does. However, I don't agree with them. To me the theme isn't offensive and the pictures below should show why I love the look of this army...


There are a lot of tanks in this army... I play a heavily mechanised army. Some might say that means I'm more inclined to be bias. And yes that does look like a Land Raider from the back end possibly because it is.



Both of these tanks look just as good as the first. The actual green with weather works great with the red as contrast. Despite red being a difficult colour GMM has managed to make it look good on every single miniature... which isn't fair at all.


The free hand on the turret is great. As is the eagle on the dozer blade. However, the weather and the undrilled barrels pull the miniature down.



See what I mean about the red? It isn't Golden Daemon quality. But that vibrant red has been reproduced across the entire army. Every miniature has it in at least one form or another. Even if it is just the gloves.

If you liked the look of this army you can have a look at more of GMM's work on his blog or head over to his website where he does commissions.

No comments:

Post a Comment